Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hellooo nurse!

So today we went to the museum. God, I can't remember the last time I went there, probably for some school excursion or something, haha. Anyway we had a great time, as usual. Met him after his gym session [haha! :D], then we walked over. The exhibition this time around was - Under the Crescent Moon, which shows the "rich cultural heritage" of the Arab world.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Initially we got distracted by this really cool thing near the entrance which captures your image onto a larger screen, albeit a grainy one. He was pretty smart at capturing the shot of us facing the camera but I like this one better. Haha =D Oh and I liked the "future projections" of what Singapore would be like, once everything was built - what with the IR, the bridge at Marina Bay and such. Hopefully it will look as pretty as all it's projected to be.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We couldn't take pictures at the exhibition itself. But I remember there was one section which showed the "uglier" side of the cultures. Also there was a separate room which had somewhat disturbing images - if I'm not wrong, it reflected the civil war in Lebanon and the images were pretty distressing. Distressing because I hate to think that people are actually living like that.

The one exhibit that moved me the most was the one which showed young boys playing with one another, which might seem harmless except that they were pretending to kill one another, learning how to slaughter each other. It was really gory. They were just playing but the fact that they were kids really made me cringe. And not only that but there was a video just above that one which showed a single solitary, elderly woman [presumably their mother] just staring straight ahead, looking as though she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.

So yeah, pretty deep stuff.

All that aside, after that, we had our mini-tea [from Sakura, thank you very much].

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Then on to view the "illusion" outside Robinsons...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


... before going over to Clarke Quay. It's really gorgeous at night. Going there happened because one of the pictures at the museum showed the night life there which looked really beautiful and vibrant so we decided to head over and capture shots for real. He took most of the pictures cause he's got much steadier hands than me, haha. I've decided not to put them all up for fear of clogging up the page, haha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So yepp, a great day, well spent. :) I think I've become a museum convert. I can't wait for the next exhibition! Maybe we could all go together next time?

[Phew, long entry, am shagged!]

4 comments:

Adlina said...

i went for the national museum exhibit..thot it was beautiful cos i have a love affair with museums u see..haha..u should check out asian civilisation museum..my favourite!..hehehe

Ira said...

Haha yes, I definitely will! Thanks =)

And yes, the exhibits are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your whole set of jewellery on you. The cat looks cutee!!!

-in

Ira said...

Haha thanks! I had the earrings since forever and only just bought the matching necklace. :)